First Night 2023 has been cancelled
First Night Facts
Admissions & Pricing:
**PLEASE BUY A BUTTON**
Each and every button purchase goes towards supporting First Night’s endeavors to continue to bring the City of St Pete Art in Unexpected places! Button sales are an important part of our event so that we can pay our artists and performers as well as make sure that the tradition of First Night is available for years to come. This year’s custom designed button was created and designed by Cecilia Lueza ,
First Night St Pete is ringing in it’s 29th Anniversary Celebration of the Arts live and in unexpected places throughout downtown St Petersburg. The Interactive Art Park returns, located in South Straub Park and will be filled with hands-on exhibits and fun for all ages! This year’s First Night team has put together an amazing program with eight hours of music, interactive exhibits, literary arts, aerial arts, fire jugglers, street performers,fire sculpture, labyrinth, a peace flag project, sea creature puppet procession, Bubble Stomp with Ann Kelly of WDUV and so much more. The newest addition this year is The Larger than life Monarch butterfly installation! The first 500 people to participate in the “Seeds of Hope” installation will receive a packet of native milkweed from www.saveourmonarchs.org
Join the celebration in downtown St Petersburg on December 31, 2021 for another art filled New Year’s Eve! The ticket for entry into 12 different venues requires the purchase of a custom designed First Night St Pete button. This year’s button art was designed by the vibrant and amazingly talented, Cecelia Lueza. Advance price button purchases can be done by visiting First Night’s website at www.FirstNightStPete.com and will be on sale November 1st!
REMEMBER: Our custom designed buttons are limited editions so get them while they last!
November 1st until December 30th:
Adult buttons $12.00
Children 5+ $ 5.00
Day of event on December 31st:
Adult buttons $20.00
Children 5+ $10.00
Friends of First Night VIP package $100.00
How to purchase First Night Buttons:
Option One: Purchase buttons online November 1st until December 24th (shipping cost included) CLICK HERE
Orders are shipped on Monday, Wednesday and Friday beginning December 1st.
Option Two: Buy Buttons on December 31st at the main tent located near the Kapok tree and the MFA beginning at noon or at any of the participating venues (refer to the program or interactive map) *PLEASE NOTE* Prices will go up $10.00 for KIDS 5+ and Adults $20.00
Option Three: Buy Buttons Locally December 1st-December 30th while supplies last (location will be announced on 11/15 and form of payment will be cash or check unless stated otherwise)
Acceptable forms of payment day of event: Cash, Debit/ CC or checks
Note: Checks must include a phone number and be made payable to: First Night St. Petersburg
This event was designed to provide equal opportunity for enjoyment to all participants. If you would like to request any particular aids or services pursuant to disability laws, please contact Jamie McWade at (727) 823-8906 or the City of St. Petersburg Community Affairs Department at (727) 893-7345 or (727) 892-5259 TDD/ TYY.
To the event
- If arriving via I-275 If arriving via I-275, follow the interstate signs and exit onto I-375. I-375 becomes 4th Avenue North and guests should follow that to the end where it forms a T with Beach Drive. To avoid the heavier traffic areas, follow directions to any of the parking garages in downtown or take 5th Ave N down to the North Shore parking area. Then walk along Bayshore Drive in to North or South Straub Park. Alternatively, you may take a right on 4th St N and park in any of the parking garages listed. Just click the link below for more information.
Enter the Sundial Parking Garage via 2nd Street North, just south of 2nd Avenue North and then access the Pier by walking east on 2nd Avenue. Alternatively, the Al Lang Parking Lot entrance is located on 1st Avenue South between Beach and Bayshore Drive. Access North or South Straub Park by walking north on Bayshore Drive. For more information about St. Pete Parking Lots and Garages, click here.
First Night will take place rain or shine so be sure to check the weather. First Night will not be cancelled due to weather.
1. Are we allowed to bring blankets and hang out in the open park areas to enjoy performances?
Absolutely! You might want to make sure that the blankets are easily wrapped up so that you can walk around and enjoy all of the activities but you are encouraged to hang out and enjoy the live music in North Straub, the Fireworks and of course the Aerial and dance performances happening in Williams Park.
2. Are dogs allowed at the event?
We strongly encourage everyone to kindly leave their furry friends at home. Not only because of the Fireworks but also because they won’t be allowed in the indoor venues (unless they are service animals with proper paperwork).
3. Will there be food?
Of course! St Pete Concessions will bring back their tasty treats and will be located throughout North and South Straub Park.
4. Are there restrooms available?
Portlets will be located in North and South Straub Park and most indoor venues will have restrooms available for First Night goers as well.
5. What’s the best way to find all of the activities happening?
Grab yourself a First Night program for all of the info you’ll need and also refer to our handy interactive map.
6. Can I purchase tickets the day of the event?
Of course! At our main tent located on the corner of Beach Dr and 2nd Ave NE as well as at any of the participating venues.
7. Where should I/ we park?
For more information about St. Pete Parking Lots and Garages, click here.
8. Which venues need buttons?
All indoor venues require a button, as well as the Interactive Art Park in South Straub Park. However, buttons are encouraged so that we can pay our artists and also keep the NYE tradition alive! If anyone is unable to afford a button please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our community support options.
9. Where to buy buttons in person?
Please click the “How to Purchase Buttons” arrow above for more information
10. What is the Friends of First Night button?
Friends of First Night is a unique way to support our event beyond purchasing a button. Friends of First Night will receive 4 buttons/tickets for entry, NYE noise makers, 3d glasses for the fireworks show, 50% off your food purchase in North Straub Park or South Straub Park, special access to a VIP venue and a parking pass closest to where the events are taking place.
11. What exactly does a button cover?
· Admission Buttons get you in to all of the indoor and outdoor venues to enjoy the various performances and allows you to participate in the interactive art festivities in South Straub Park. Our First Night buttons are also collectors items and the proceeds from the button sales allow us to keep the tradition alive!
12. How do I retrieve my admission buttons if I purchase them online after December 24th?
Since we will no longer be able to ship buttons after 12/24 we invite you to email us at email@example.com to arrange pick up at our office or on the day of the event at our main tent which is located on the corner of Beach Dr and 2nd Ave NE just south of the MFA and next to the beautiful Kapok Tree.
Please bring a form of ID that matches the name you used to purchase the admission buttons OR show us a copy of your purchase on your smart phone.
If you purchased admission buttons online after 5p.m. on December 30th through EventBrite please come to the main tent on 12/31 anytime between 12:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. to retrieve your buttons.
Covid 19 Guidelines
First Night St Pete will be honoring the current CDC guidelines to promote healthy behaviors in order to ensure community safety on NYE. However, each in-door venue has established their own protocols and are making masks optional indoors (as of December 1, 2021).
Please consider implementing the following safety measures:
1. When waiting in line, please maintain a 6 foot distance from the persons in front or behind you.
2. In large, crowded areas (especially for those who are not vaccinated or who are immune compromised), please consider wearing a mask both indoors and outdoors.
3. Please be respectful of the venues requests as they may require masks if the County Covid cases increases closer to the event.
4. Please do not attend the event if you have a fever or are exhibiting any cold, Covid or flu like symptoms or if you have been in close contact with anyone who has been exposed to the Covid 19 virus.
5. Please do not attend the event if you have tested positive for the flu or Covid 19 virus.
6. Please wash your hands as often as possible or utilize some of the hand sanitizer located at all of the venues.
7. When indoors, please maintain a social distance as best as possible, spread out away from anyone who is not in your immediate group.
Thank you all for your participation in helping us to bring a healthy event to to NYE. These are uncertain times so let’s all do our part!