First Night Facts
Admissions & Pricing:
Please buy a button. First Night is supported almost entirely by private funds. Button sales are important to make sure that the tradition of First Night is available for years to come. Many venues are only accessible with a button. All artists are paid and the event is produced by a small, part-time staff and our terrific volunteers.
REMEMBER: Our artist designed lighted button is a limited edition. Buy early to assure you get one of these collector’s items!
Hand stamps will be used after buttons are gone at the event. Buttons designed by local muralist, Vitale Bros.
$12 for Adults; $5 for children 6-12; 5 and under free.
Button prices after December 29th:
$15 for Adults; $10 for children 6-12; 5 and under free.
How to purchase First Night Buttons:
- Buttons (your ticket to entry) can be purchased online starting in August. Buttons will be shipped to your door in November! We will not ship out of the United States. Buttons purchased outside the United States will be available for pick-up Dec.30 and 31st.
Locally (November 14 through event night):
- Buttons will be available at our Annual Fall Festival at the Ale and the Witch on November 14, 2017. After Thanksgiving First night buttons will be available at select locations throughout the area. Check back soon for venue locations.
First Night event night (December 31st):
- Main Tent sales begin at noon and go until 11:00 p.m. Throughout the evening, tickets can also be purchased at the First Night venues, check out our Events Map for more information for the specific ticket sales and start times at each venue.
If you need more buttons, please call the First Night Office at 727-823-8906.
This event was designed to provide equal opportunity for enjoyment to all participants. If you would like to request any particular aids or services pursuant to disability laws, please contact Allen Loyd at (727) 823-8906 or the City of St. Petersburg Community Affairs Department at (727) 893-7345 or (727) 892-5259 TDD/ TYY.
Handicap accessibility ramps can also be found on the google map.
To Downtown St. Petersburg
- From Tampa (North) Take I-275 South to I-375 exit (left lane). Follow signs to Sundial and The Pier. Exit at 9th St. or 4th St. See our map for the available parking areas.
- From Bradenton (South) Take I-275 North to I-375 exit (right lanes). Follow signs to Sundial and The Pier. Exit at 9th St. or 4th St See our map for the available parking areas.
Park in one of the Parking garages and wear your walking shoes. Venues are within walking distance. We will have a First Trolley running along 2nd Ave N for First Night Button holders. You must have a button to ride.
First Night button holders will be able to ride the First Trolley to the venues along 2nd Ave. N between the Spa Beach parking lot and the Sunshine Center Auditorium ( see the route on the map) The First Trolley will run from 4:30 pm until 11:30 pm. Look for the trolley stop signs. Be sure to buy your button before you get on the Trolley!
First Night will take place rain or shine as most performances are indoors. First Night will not be cancelled due to weather.
Some venues have restrooms and temporary facilities are available in North and South Straub Parks.
Downtown parking garages are open and metered street parking is available for the whole evening. (See map)